Friday, December 28, 2012

Bold Lipstick and Glosses

Hello Everyone and welcome to my beauty, fashion, and on occasion Restaurant reviews. I love food, so I just had to add it. 
So sit back relax and enjoy:) 

I have a deep passion for red lipstick, I know, it’s my thing. I know some beauty experts might say, don’t use red in the morning, but I believe in doing red, morning, noon, and night. I will also add my favorite deep fuchsia’s and pinks.

If you want a lipstick that's going to turn heads, then Mac’s Ruby Woo is for you. I am truly in love with this lipstick. It’s very matte and not too easy to spread, so I put on my honey trap lip balm from Lush, and let the smoothness begin. It really makes a difference when you add a lip balm, but if extreme matte doesn’t bother you, than go for the gusto, and don’t use a lip balm. 

I am a huge fan of matte, but on occasion I will throw in a gloss. My go to gloss is the YSL Rouge Pur Couture in number 14, fuchsia Dore. If you want your gloss to stay on all day, the YSL is for you. My only issue, I felt I had to apply about three coats to get my desired color, other than that, it’s an amazing gloss. Oh, one more thing, don’t do what I did and apply the gloss and decided to pet your cat, because you will definitely have fur lips, but if fury lips is your thing, go for it. 

I’m what you call a girly girl, so I have to add a hot pink lipstick,
and that lipstick is the color Carthage by Nars. This is also a matte, but it’s easy to spread. It goes on smooth and lasts all day. I even bungy jumped in this color and the lipstick and I survived the jump. 

I did choose three expensive lipsticks, so I’m going to throw in some reasonably priced lipsticks. 

The Avon Ultra Color Rich lipstick in Crimson, is a deep, bold, and creamy blend of red and dark fuchsia. Don’t be afraid of the dark color, it goes on much lighter than it looks. I like the smoothness and ease of this lipstick. 

Last but never least, I’m totally digging the Revlon Color Burst Lip Butters. I love the Raspberry Pie. I call it the perfect bright pink. It’s truly amazing. I love the shine, but I did have to reapply throughout the day, but it's definitely worth it. I call Raspberry Pie a happy color, and if it makes me happy, I don’t mind reapplying. 

I hope you enjoyed my review of lipsticks and glosses. Look out for my next Blog coming soon. I’ll give you a hint, the eyes have it. Okay that was almost a dead give away:)

Please follow me on twitter: catfx9
Don't forget to leave your comments:)
 beautycatt.blogspot.com

17 comments:

  1. Nice pictures! Looking forward to reading more of your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great first post ! keep up the good work!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Mac color! Mattes are probably my favorites also! Oh and my boyfriend got the Hunger Games Chocolate from William Dean Chocolates online! :) Keep up the blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really interesting post, I've never thought of buying a Nars lipstick before so will have to give them a try :)
    x

    www.thefashionseason.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the post :)

    your should blog most often!

    xx http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comments. I truly appreciate them. I will definitely post more often. Thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the colours of lipstick you posted. I wish I could find colours like these over here, because all shades of red available where I live don't suit me. I envy people with very white skin for being able to pull it off well, cause I can't since my skin is darker and my lips are very thin. x


    Fashion Landscape


    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for more post. I am defiantly following you. Could you return the favor and follow back?

    fashionspilled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love eyelashes! Whats your absolute fave!?

    Looking forward to reading more

    xo
    Haylee
    http://www.dolledupdaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for your comments. For everyday I love the Ardell no. 113, and for a dramatic look I like the Girls with Attitude. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look relly nice ! i want to try the mac and revlon one out :)
    xx

    http://beautyseduction26.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh the YSL is so amazing! And thanks for sharing this, I had never heard of Revlon and that color you have is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the YSL too and the Revlon is also amazing!
      Thanks for your lovely comments:)

      Delete
  14. Nars lipstick has good colour (:

    ReplyDelete